Sunday, August 3, 2014

Life of A Missionary 7-31-14

Hola Mi Familia,

So as requested, I am about to provide you with a regular days schedule:
6:15 am Arise and Exercise!
8:00 am Personal Study
9:00 am Companion Study
10:00 am Go to Work! Proselyte! Teach! Convert!
We get a 1 hour break for lunch and 1 hour break for dinner
On Tuesdays we usually go the Family History Center from 12 -2
On Thursdays we have district mtgs from 10:30- 12:30 and weekly planning from 1-4pm
Sundays we have church from 9:30am-12:30pm. Every other week we go to ward council at 8:15am


So that is the life of a missionary. Our curfew is 9pm to be in apartment and 10:30 lights out. I am often tired, but with the process of adjusting it has gotten better.

I don't have to drive anymore- which is very nice because now I can look out my window at the scenery more! And I get to control the music--- SCORE!

You know what I've learned about people as a whole in general? My parents' generation have a problem with being content--- they're living life in their comfort zone, feeling good and happy, so, "why would they need God in their life?" And then there is my generation--- the ones who have a problem with being apathetic. They don't wanna know because they simply do not care. Obviously, everyone is not like this but it's just something I have learned as I have talked to people.

Something else interesting that I have learned--- simply DO NOT JUDGE! This past Friday we were walking to a member's house from our apartment-- it's probably about a mile's walk. We always pass this little shop called 'Summit Cigar' which sells... *take a wild guess* Yup, beer and cigars. I have always avoided people there who sit at the tables outside smoking-- we say hi but don't stop and talk. I've always felt like they wouldn't be very nice or want to talk.

On this particular day, however, there were 3 men sitting at the table and we decided to stop and talk to them. They were so nice!! We ended up talking to them for a good 20 minutes. We told them about the Restoration and they also had a lot of questions about missions. One guy felt it is wrong that women can't hold the priesthood so we talked about that as well. One of the guy's name is Frank-- he lives on the same street as our church building, he said. Ha ha, he asked us if we believed in polygamy. When we told him no, he said, "dang if ya did I would totally be joining!" Ha ha, what a jokester. They all have their own religion already, and Frank said his is happy where he's at. He said if he weren't happy he would love to learn more, but he is happy. It was so fun to talk with them and they were so very nice. They are impressed with what we are doing. They were a lot nicer than a lot of people who look like they'd be nice but aren't. So you can never really judge.

Thank you for everything, my wonderful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment