Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Tearful Departure

 With the Fyffe family on the day of my Farewell.  I shared a farewell with my brother, Taylor.

 Our last dinner together as a family- Tuesday April 1st

 After dinner we head down to the Stake Center for President Taylor (not related) to set me apart.  I was given the most beautiful blessing and many tears were shed.  Grandma & Grandpa Taylor were able to attend and that made me happy because they are very special to me. 

Officially Sister Larsen!
 


My siblings gave me a BIG group hug!
Can't hug anymore boys but hugs from family are still okay!

 The next morning dad made waffles for breakfast, a family favorite, and then we got ready for the day.  Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Cheryl came over to say one last goodbye.  
It was hard saying goodbye to my best furry friends, Rue and Diva. 

I received a special blessing from my dad and we had our last family prayer, given by mom. 

 
 We drove through a hail and snow storm toward the MTC and ended up at the Provo Temple for one last memory.  We're all trying to be brave for what we know is coming.  





The Missionary Training Center is in our sites!  Emotions are running high but they've been running high all week as we've prepared for the upcoming moments!

 Here I come!  We all have butterflies!

 We were greeted by a fine young missionary 
preparing to serve in Korea.  


 Our greeter was kind enough to snap one more family photo!  
Down to the last few minutes!


We have one last girl hug- mom, & sisters!
  Tender sister moment!  Camiah, who has held it in all week, starts to break down.



 Last hug from my brother, Taylor, who will be entering the MTC just four weeks after me.  
I won't see my best friend for two plus years! 

 Last hug from Kamdyn (top) & Bridger

After all the tears, I turned and gave my family one last gift, a beautiful smile and a wave goodbye!


 "Heavenly Father, she is yours."
With tears burning in my eyes.
We said our farewells and good-byes.
She's not off to kindergarten, she's not out to play,
she's doing the Lord's work today.

I guess the mailbox will become our best friend,
as we wait for the letters she will send.
A strange silence fell on our home.
Someone is missing and I feel alone.
No "Hey, Mom," or even her voice on the phone.

The guitar is still in the hall.
I see her smiling photo on the wall.
Her winter coat is hanging on the rack.
It will be one & a half years until she is back.
Too much food in the fridge, no more wash to do.
My workload is lightening, but, daughter, I miss you.

Crying, I walk into her room.
Then I remember Christ's empty tomb.
My sacrifice is so small, compared to it all.
God bled and died for me;
I will not act selfishly.

Bitter sweet, the words repeat,
"Feed my sheep”, it's time to reap.
The fields are white as snow.
Let your girl go.

It is hard to let go of my girl's hand,
For when she returns, she will be a woman.
And as I turn and walk away,
"God bless our girl," I silently pray.
Into the bright light through the MTC doors,
And once again, Father, I know she is yours




No comments:

Post a Comment