Friday, April 4, 2014

First Day of My Mission

Dear Family,     

My 1st day at the MTC was pretty swell! It feels like a dream.  My companion is great; we have SO much in common.  She's from Montana & loves the outdoors, animals, & music.  She wants to be a vet and also had a Tennessee Walker she loved to ride, but they had to sell him about 2 years ago. Our middle names are both Ann- (her name is McCall Casey) so yeah we've got a ton in common!

All the girls in my district are going to Philadelphia except one- a girl from New Zealand is going to her mission in New Zealand.  All the guys in my district are going to Florida.

All of my zone leaders (like 3 girls & 2 boys) are going to the Manchester New Hampshire mission! I've told them to look out for Sadie.  :-)

I also saw Sister Wyess (the girl that was receiving her endowments at the temple the same day as me!). She's doing good- ha ha, I was telling her how tired I was and I had a headache from crying and going to bed late- and she told me she didn't go to bed until 6:30am! I have no idea how she did that.

I didn't shed another tear after being dropped off, so that's good.  Today wasn't super hectic and crazy like I thought it would be- since everyone had told me the 1st day is. 

I'm also NOT feeling stressed or scared either, thank goodness. Tomorrow we'll start to practice teaching. Oh & we get about 45 min to an hour to exercise, so I'm happy about that!

By the way, my P-day isn't until Wednesday here, so that's when you'll get an email from me. 

There are so many foreign people here! There's like 20 Japanese people that just came today- and Polynesian, Australian, German & so much more! I love seeing foreign people & hearing them bear their testimonies. The gospel is all throughout the world & the foreign missionaries here have a lot of passion for the gospel! 

My anticipated day to fly to Pennsylvania is April 15th by the way.

Just know that I am doing very well and feeling happy! I got this :-)  (big smile).

I love you guys SO much! Please write back (remember dear elder). 

Love,
Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment